Travis Industries Yankee Bay Fireplace Gas Review from Graham, Washington
Update added by user May 17
Our other pellet stove is a Quadrafire P30 series that is 14 yrs old and works perfectly and we only paid $1600.00. This stove a Lopi Yankee Bay Stove is 9 yrs old and has been problem after problem and we paid $4500.00 for it
Original review posted by user May 16
We purchased a Yankee Bay Pellet Fireplace Insert about 9 yrs ago.This is the worst stove ever.
We have had nothing but continual problems with this stove. We have another freestanding pellet stove a P30 Series, not a Yankee stove that is still working perfectly after 20 yrs. This Yankee insert is not efficient at all. We have replaced nearly every part on it , most of them twice.
The tray that holds the ashes, burns out (a hole in it) every 2 yrs we have to replace it. Warranty quit covering it after 2 yrs saying it was because of the pellets we were using. We switched to the pellets they recommended and it didn't change anything. We have replaced the igniter twice, the auger motor twice, which when it freezes up causes the fuse in the stove to blow.
We should have taken it back right away,but the manufacturer assured us that they would take care of the problems we were having. They of course have not helped us at all after 1 1/2 yrs. very frustrating. So the insert (Yankee Bay) is a piece of *** and the manufacturer (Lopi) is also a substandard company that does not follow through on their contractual obligations.
It is obviously too late to do anything about my stove, I'm not sure they would have taken it back anyway. This is to warn others about the stove. I had heard really great things about the manufacturer Lopi, obviously something changed. They either sold the company or cut back on costs to cause such a substandard product.
I purchased it from AAA Stoves in Parkland Wa and they were no help at all.
Actually they were quite rude and intimidated me to the point that my husband had to contact them instead of me.Just a warning don't buy this stove!
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
- When they were standing by their product at first contact
What I disliked
You May Also Like
- "Service tech agrees with customer that table is damaged and also is Manchester loveseat and lamp. The only reason Havertys accepted returning the lamp is because the victim called Pacific..."
- "My pillow.com claims if you buy one you get one free. That's a bunch of BS !!! You can get the same my pillow at Wal mart..."
- "I bought a ESF sofa through a furniture store. After reviewing the specs and documentation on ESF's catalog and site I purchased a sofa. I paid a bit more for..."
- "My husband and I had a baby 8 months ago. My baby and I tested positive for methamphetamines at the time of birth. My baby did not have any problems..."
- "Thieves broke into Sentry safe stole everything.They use pry bars on the door separated the door broke the welds from the inner door and bent the lock mechanism to open...."
- "Not delivered as promised, even have detailed instructions on where I live. ..."
- "delamination on left side panel of slide out and structural issues on rear left and right side screws broke off so the sliders frame is coming apart from the frame..."
- "Stay far away from this low life company as possible. They delivered our entire belongings to a two small storage facility and never called us or notified us they were..."
- "why is it that when i upgrade defences a few days later i have to upgrade again on same defence once i have maxed it for its town hall level..."